Screen 3 

2011 refacing project. This is the first screen to get a new surface. As we were working on this phase, the planned work on Screen 1 was awaiting building permits.

Starting with the framing, one 12-foot piece at a time.
Starting with the framing, one 12-foot piece at a time.

The old metal surface will help protect the new one.
The old metal surface will help protect the new one.

Lifting one of the 30 steel sheets
Lifting one of the 30 steel sheets

We're using the same type of surface material that's now on Screen 1.
We're using the same type of surface material that's now on Screen 1.


Up we go
Up we go

Top to bottom... 25 feet.
Top to bottom... 25 feet.

First sheet attached...
29 to go!
First sheet attached...
29 to go!




It took about 4 days to get all the metal up, mainly because of spotty weather and the million or so screws it took to the sheets.
It took about 4 days to get all the metal up, mainly because of spotty weather and the million or so screws it took to the sheets.

Real science going on here!
Real science going on here!

Almost done!
Almost done!

Cap the top and we've got a screen!

Easy  :-)
Cap the top and we've got a screen!

Easy :-)

Just about finished, then on to Screen 2
Just about finished, then on to Screen 2

Powered by Gallery v1 RSS